WEEKLY TANNING CHECKLIST
Wednesday Prep Day!
- Reverse. You've got to start with clean, fresh skin. Say bye to tan remnants with our reverser. Simply smooth onto skin, leave for 5 minutes then wipe any tan away.
- Exfoliate. Gently scrub any extra stubborn areas of tan (elbows and knees, we're looking at you).
- Remove Unwanted Hair. Removing any unwanted hair at least a day before your tan will give your pores time to close. This minimises any risk of tan getting trapped and appearing dotty on your skin.
- Moisturise. Dry skin equals patchy tan. Moisturise for a few days before you tan, for an extra radiant and natural tan that wears evenly across your bod.
Friday Apply Day
- Clean Your Application Glove. Hand wash your mitt with a touch of gentle soap and warm water. Gently wring it out, reshape it and allow to dry before tanning.
- Wear Your Boyfriend Tee. Make sure you're wearing something dark, loose & comfortable - perfect for marinating in.
- Moisturise Dry Spots. An hour or so before you tan, pop some moisturiser on your knees, elbows, ankles and hands. These are the trickiest spots to bronze smoothly, so moisturiser will help stop the tan grabbing in any dry patches.
- Watch Out For Water. While your tan develops, try to avoid any streaks by steering clear of splashes of water (or rain) until you shower.
Make it last Monday
- Hydrate. Moisturised skin means a long-lasting tan.
- Cheat With Gradual Tan. It's a nourishing moisturiser with just a hint of our signature Spray Aus bronze to keep you glowing for up to 2 weeks. Don't forget our Tan Mist for face tan top ups.
- Cooler Showers. Super hot showers have a tendency to dry out your skin. Sweating may also make your tan fade a bit faster.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY TAN?
In the lead up to your tan get those exfoliators out, preferably 3 days before your appointment. Most importantly on the night before or morning of your tan, exfoliate and remove unwanted hair. To achieve the smoothest, most luminous bronze, ensure your skin is free from makeup, moisturiser, unwanted hair, deodorant and perfume. Don’t bring your new outfit to wear home from the studio – loose, dark clothes are best.
MY EVENT IS ON SATURDAY. WHEN SHOULD I TAN?
We suggest tanning 1-2 days before your event, so Thursday or Friday would be best. For weddings, 2 days before will give you a more natural look. Heading off on holiday? The night before is best. However, this is just a rough guideline, and we can always tailor our tan application to work with your schedule.
WHEN SHOULD I SHOWER AFTER MY TAN?
As our solution is rapid drying, you can shower as soon as 1.5 hours after your tan, or leave on the skin for up to 8 hours. We always tailor our application to work with your plans, to ensure you achieve your desired colour.
WILL MY TAN COME OFF ON MY CLOTHES?
As bronzer is used in our product for colour to appear instantaneously, you may experience some rub off. If your clothes do stain, no stress, it should come out in the wash or at the dry cleaner.
AFTER TANNING, WILL I STILL NEED TO WEAR SUNSCREEN?
Yes! You’ll have to SPF off those harmful UV rays, as natural tanning doesn’t offer any sun protection. Be sun-smart when you’re out and about, and try to wear a moisturising sunscreen lotion wherever possible.
I'M PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING. CAN I GET A TAN?
Testing indicates that the DHA does not penetrate the skin, nor enter the bloodstream, therefore it appears safe to spray you. However, as a precaution, we suggest you seek permission from a doctor, prior to being sprayed in the first trimester.
DOES THE TAN SMELL?
No. Both our Professional and Self-tan products are fragrance free. We prefer to infuse our products with intense hydration and nourishment, from the combination of rich-fruits, plants, oils and extracts; infused with Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil and Kakadu Plum.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY TAN?
We recommend wearing our Boyfriend Tee post tan. Alternatively loose loose dark clothing is preferred.
WILL SWIMMING IN CHLORINATED / SEAWATER AFFECT MY TAN?
Unfortunately, yes! As swimming enhances exfoliation, and chlorinated water makes the skin lighter, it may cause your tan to fade more quickly than normal. Avoid the fade by taking shorter dips and always using a water-resistant sunscreen, which can act as a barrier between your beautiful bronze and the water.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE MY CLOTHES OFF?
You can wear your bathers, underwear, g-string or go completely naked – whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRY?
Within three minutes, you’re tanned, dry, and ready to get dressed!
CAN YOU APPLY TAN TO THE FACE?
Yes, we can at your request!
HOW LONG WILL MY TAN LAST?
You should expect your tan to stay beautiful for 7-10 days. It’ll fade away gradually with the passing of skin cells. To prolong your tan, we recommend using our Tan Extender which can boost your bronze for up to 2 weeks, while soothing and deeply nourishing your skin.
I HAVE A SKIN CONDITION, CAN I STILL GET A TAN?
You should always speak with a doctor or a dermatologist before being tanned. If given approval, we’ll test a small area of your skin first, to make sure there aren’t any adverse reactions. As our solution is all-natural, it doesn’t normally irritate the skin. Our combination of rich natural fruits, plants, oils and extracts, soothe, strengthen and promote healthy skin.
Common skin conditions are – Eczema, Rosacea, Vitiligo, Psoriasis.